I mentioned back in May how I'd made my hubby a Stella hoodie using the Tilly and the Buttons pattern and since then a few people have asked what I did, so here goes.
Stella is a great pattern for anyone to wear, however to make it a more masculine fit it needs a few adjustments. The first one is to lengthen the bodice and arms. I actually didn't lengthen the bodice by much as I'd already added 3 inches to the bottom for myself so I only added another 1 inch for the hubby, who is 6'2". For the arms I added 2 inches to the length although I'll be adding another next time as it could still do with a little more but then Mr Bobbins has long arms!
The last thing I did was remove the waist shaping. I did this by placing the pattern on some paper and drawing a straight line from the armscye to where it straightens back out at the hip. Then I just sewed it together as per the instructions!
For more on the Stella and to see the finished men's version, see the earlier blog post.