One of the dresses I've made for myself over the past few months of the blog hiatus is the Sew Over It Eve. I decided it'd be a good one to make for me as I can never get dresses that actually finish on the right part of my leg (the perils of being much taller than the average) and I can never get wrap dresses to finish across the right part of my bust without exposing half my bra (hello F cups...).
I chose the version with flutter sleeves and a high-low hem and used this floral polyester crepe that I had in stock. I added 2" to the torso length, did a FBA using the trusty post over at Cashmerette, and added a further 2" to the length of the skirt.
Unfortunately the dress was still in 3 pieces when we suddenly sold the house and it became a UFO for a couple of months, but as soon as the sewing machine was dug out it was the first thing to complete. Obviously with a nice dress that didn't flash my underwear, I then suggested that it was date night to the ever suffering Mr Kay!