- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Range Backpack pattern by Noodlehead
The Range is a useful and fun backpack to make! It’s great for any outing where you need to be hands free. The fold-over top and closure keep things secure, while the front zippered pocket keeps essentials within easy reach. Adjustable straps make it wearable in any season.
- fold-over top with closure
- front exterior zippered pocket
- adjustable straps
- interior slip pocket
- hang loop
Approx. Finished Dimensions:
15” tall (closed), 10 ½” wide x 4” deep (at base)
Intermediate, or adventurous advanced Beginner
Materials needed:Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric
- ¾ yard (½ yard if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ yard Contrast Bottom Fabric
- 1 ½ yards Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
- 3 ½ yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″-wide)
- 1 yard Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide)
- (2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings & (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- 8” zipper for front zippered pocket
- (2) 1″-wide d-rings
Additional supplies + tools:
Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen (for example a Sewline glue pen), size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, (optional) 9” length of 1”-wide cotton webbing/leather (replaces Hang Loop cut from Lining fabric), quilter’s spray baste (if using quilting cotton for exterior fabric requirement), hera marker and a walking foot.
Waxed canvas (10-12 oz. weight), cork fabric, cotton canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim for exterior and contrast bottom fabrics (quilting cotton may be substituted for exterior fabric requirement, add ½ yard of 6-9 oz. weight 44”-wide cotton canvas/duckcloth for stabilizer and an 18” square of low-loft cotton batting). Quilting cotton for lining fabric.
^=omit if using waxed canvas/cork
For additional inspiration visit Noodlehead's Inspiration page.