- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Skye Sundress Pattern by Tilly and the Buttons
Reach for this throw-it-on sundress on those sticky, hot summer days when you don’t know what else to wear, or layer it up over a t-shirt as the sun goes down. The easy-fitting empire waist bodice is gently shaped with pleats under the bust and has a neat bias binding finish on the inside.
The slightly square scoop neckline is designed to cover a bra, with optional bra strap stays for added security. Add the optional faux ties to the straps for an extra touch of whimsy. Choose from mini-, knee- or maxi-length hemlines for the floaty, gathered skirt. And, of course, it has side seam pockets for your ice cream money!
Skye includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner-friendly instructions, with colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multi-sized pattern (Tilly's own sizing of 1-10) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-24. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on "Pattern Sizes".
You will need:140cm wide fabric:
- MINI-LENGTH: Sizes 1-8 – 1.9m, Sizes 9-10 - 2.3m
- KNEE-LENGTH: Sizes 1-8 – 2.2m, Sizes 9-10 - 2.5m
- MAXI-LENGTH: Sizes 1-8 – 2.8m, Sizes 9-10 - 3.1m
- MINI-LENGTH: Sizes 1-3 – 2.2m, Sizes 4-10 - 2.3m
- KNEE-LENGTH: Sizes 1-3 – 2.4m, Sizes 4-10 - 2.5m
- MAXI-LENGTH: Sizes 1-3 – 3m, Sizes 4-10 - 3.1m
- Matching and contrast thread
- 8m x 10-13mm wide single fold bias binding OR 0.4m extra fabric (such as lightweight cotton) to make your own
- Optional: 2.6m (2 7/8yd) iron-on seam tape
- Small piece of iron-on interfacing
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a 10-13mm bias binding maker can be helpful)
- For optional bra stays: hand sewing needle + 2 x small sew-on snaps
Light- to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton lawn, poplin, seersucker, lighter-weight linen and blends, double gauze, viscose (rayon), lyocell (Tencel), silk or poly crepe de chine.