- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Zadie Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
Make your own Zadie dress with this paper pattern and step-by-step instructions. Designed for stretch knit fabrics, you can sew it on a regular sewing machine with a zigzag stitch (no overlocker or serger needed) – hooray!
Throw on your Zadie dress for comfort and style at work or play. The dress has striking diagonal seams, concealing lovely (and practical!) in-seam pockets. The fitted bodice has a flattering empire waistline and round neckline finished with a neckband. It flares out into a feminine, knee-length semi-pleated skirt that’s great for swishing. Choose from cap, three-quarter or full length raglan sleeves.
If you’re a fan of the Coco or Agnes patterns, this project will take your knit fabric sewing skills to the next level.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Zadie includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly's own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on "Pattern Sizes".
Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Single colour version:
- Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m x 150cm wide OR 2.8m x 115cm;
Cap sleeve – 2.1m x 150cm wide OR 2.3m x 115cm
- Colour blocked version:
- Bodices – 0.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric
- Long or ¾ sleeve + side panels – 1m x 150cm wide fabric OR 1.3m x 115cm wide fabric OR Cap sleeve + side panels – 0.6m x 150cm wide fabric OR 0.7m x 115cm wide fabric
- Skirt, pocket facings + neckband – 1.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric
- Matching thread
- 0.9m of 6-8mm stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine with a zigzag stitch and basic tools (a rotary cutter, mat and walking foot are useful)
Suitable for intermediate sewists.