Get to grips with jeans weekend
Learn how to sew a pair of perfect fitting jeans with our experienced tutor Alison Wesley.
Have you made a pair of jeans or trousers that just don’t quite fit? Or do you have a pattern in mind and you’re just not sure where to start with the adjustments? This is the workshop for you!
The jeans weekend is a 2 day course in which you will make a pair of jeans to fit. This class is aimed at experienced sewists, so you will get the most out of it if you have sewn a reasonable number of garments and have at least attempted to make trousers. Our classes typically have no more than 4 people on them to give you plenty of help, support and space!
In this workshop you will:
- Use a block or pattern of your choice to cut and make a toile
- Learn the signs of fit problems and how to fix them
- Make simple alterations to your toiles to improve their fit
- Attach patch pockets and a fly front with either a zip or buttons
- Learn how to neatly topstitch
- Sew up a pair of properly fitting jeans!
What to bring:
- A zip or jeans buttons, although we do have a small selection in the shop
- Matching thread
- Fabric! We have fabric available on the day but its always best to prewash.
We will provide:
- A jeans pattern of your choice. We stock several jeans and trouser patterns but don’t carry lots of copies so please specify your choice at booking! If you’d rather work from a block, feel free to choose an alternative pattern to take home with you.
- French curves, pattern masters and rulers for adjusting your pattern
- The use of one of our lovely Janome sewing machines, though feel free to bring your own if you’d rather
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries
- A basic sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshop
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking.