January Complete Beginners Guide to Machine Sewing
Are you new to using a sewing machine or maybe haven’t used one in years? If you don’t know your presser foot from your feed dogs, this is the workshop for you! We will be making a simple tote bag that you can use for your shopping and a zippy bag which you can use as a wash bag or pencil case. We typically run this workshop once a month, this is the January edition!
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Thread a machine and change the stitch types
- Cut out fabric accurately using both scissors and a rotary cutter
- Sew fabric together using accurate seam allowances
- Finish your seams so they look nice and don’t fray
- Insert a standard zip (easy peasy, I promise!)
- Create a lining so your bags look nice inside too
What to bring:
- Your lunch, or some money to grab some from one of our neighbours
We will provide:
- The use of one of our lovely Janome sewing machines, though feel free to bring your own if you’d rather
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries
- Irons and ironing boards
- A sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshop
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking.
There is no minimum age for this class, but children under 12 should be accompanied by an adult.