The Casey Sweater by Experimental Space is a pretty pullover sweater with button details at the neck, long shaped cuffs and comfortable deep pockets (and don’t we all love a pocket?!). She has the option of contrast sleeves for added detail.
- Main fabric: French terry, sweatshirt, or any medium weight knit material with a bit of stretch.
- Contrast fabric: (so many options!) Jersey, t-shirt material, lightweight French terry, rib knit, ponte roma, double knit. It’s also a great opportunity to stash bust and use up some bits left over from previous projects! You can use the same material as the main fabric, however, the cuffs will have a closer fit.
Fabric requirements (for 1.5m / 60″ fabric)
- Ava – Cara (31″ – 35″ bust / see size chart image)
Main: 1.5m (1.64 yards)
Contrast 0.6m (0.66 yards)
- Dee – Gia (37″ – 43″ / see size chart image)
Main: 1.8m (2 yards)
Contrast 0.8m (0.87 yards)
- 50cm x 14cm fusible interfacing
- 3 buttons for the cowl (Example uses 19mm Prym cover buttons)
- 1 small button for the inner cowl. It will not be seen and does not need to match the others. A good opportunity to use a spare dress shirt button!
Experimental Space uses a high bust measurement rather than measuring across the bust. High bust should be used to get the best overall fit across your bust/shoulders. To get this measurement, run the tape measure around your body, directly under your underarms.
See & share Casey Sweater photos on social media: #XSCasey #XSPatterns