Dawn Jeans and Shorts Pattern by Megan Nielsen.
Dawn is a classic high-waisted rigid jean pattern set. Includes four cuts and multiple lengths for tall, regular and cropped. Pattern features a high rise to sit on the natural waist, button fly, close fit through the waist and hips and classic jeans details.
- View A is a tapered leg jean
- View B is a straight leg jean
- View C is a wide leg jean
- View D is a jean short
Inspired by our hunt to find the perfect pair of vintage jeans this pattern will fulfil all of your vintage jean dreams!
XS-XL (each pattern includes all sizes). Please see image of back of packet for more information on sizing and fabric yardage.
Bottom weight fabrics such as rigid denim, twill and corduroy. Additional fabric may be required to pattern match.
- 4 jeans buttons or 15mm regular buttons
- Fabric scraps for pockets
- 9 rivets and posts (optional)
- Fusible interfacing
- Denim needle
- Topstitch thread
- Denim zipper (optional in place of button fly): minimum 16cm for sizes 0-6, 17cm for sizes 8-14 and 19cm for sizes 16-20
Suitable for intermediate sewists
If you are curvier than a size 20 for this pattern, then there is a Curve PDF version available for sizes 14-30 over at Megan Nielsen’s website.