Jenny Overalls pattern by Closet Case Patterns
Inspired by vintage work-wear, Jenny is a modern interpretation of classic overalls and wide leg trousers with an ultra-high rise, sleek, functional details and a comfortable all-day-long fit.
Make a more sophisticated version of dungarees with our well-proportioned bib and optional utility pocket, or omit the bib entirely and make a pair of wide-legged cropped pants, full-length pants or shorts. Optional details abound; mix and match the curved slash front pockets, faux fly front, single or double zipper waistband and rounded back patch pockets. To personalize even further, go all out with high contrast topstitching, or take a more minimalist approach for a clean, elegant finish.
Don’t forget to download the free pattern expansion to make a button front Jenny with utility pockets!
This is a multisized pattern in US sizes 0-20. Here are the finished garment measurements.
Bottom-weight woven fabrics: denim, twill, canvas, gabardine, medium weight linen, jacquard and brocade.
Medium-weight woven fabric for pockets: shirting, chambray or quilting cotton (0.5 yd/0.45 m).
- Fusible interfacing (0.5 yd/0.45m for 58” wide interfacing, 1.25 yd/1.2m for 20” wide interfacing)
- Sturdy pants zipper: One or two 7” (18cm) zippers depending on the waistband style chosen
- 5/8” (16 mm) button: One or two depending on the waistband style chosen
- One pair of 1.5” (38mm) overall buckles & buttons for View A & B (can substitute button & buttonhole closure)
- Marking tool
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for higher contrast details
- Optional: tailors ham, for pressing back darts and crotch seams
Suitable for intermediate sewists