The Barcelona by Maven Patterns
The Barcelona sewing pattern is the perfect dress to take you from day to evening with 2 bodice options – a classic boat neck or a sassy V back.
Designed to make a statement in stripes with her chevroned detailed skirt, she is just as delightful in a plain fabric for or make her in an elegant cloth for a chic and glamorous look!
- Version A has a classic boat neck
- Version B has a V back
- Bound neckline and armholes
- In-seam side pockets
- Invisible zip
- Bias cut skirt with chevron detail
- Skirt length: 64cm / 25¼”
- Designed for woven fabrics – stripes and plain!
- This pattern is for an unlined dress, but we have a tutorial to show you step by step how to make a fully lined Barcelona.
UK size 8-18. Size chart in images.
Light- to mid-weight woven fabrics with drape. Light denims, chambray, linen, crepe, cotton lawn, fine wool suiting and brocade.
- Invisible (concealed) zip. 56cm (22″) for sizes 8-12 and 60cm (23.5″) for sizes 14-18
- 45cm x 25cm fusible interfacing
- Hook & eye
- 56cm (22″) invisible (concealed) zip.
- 30cm x 25cm fusible interfacing
- Hook & eye
- 60cm stay tape
Suitable for intermediates. Note: the Barcelona is aimed at an INTERMEDIATE maker, but it will be an easier project should you choose a plain fabric.