Kew Dress pattern by Nina Lee
Kew is a dreamy blend of vintage and contemporary elements inspired by the balmy ups and rainy downs of British summertime. Think picnics and garden parties, strawberries and cream, sometime sunshine and being beside the seaside…
- Version 1 has a touch of 1940s’ tea dress, with ruched sleeves for those cooler days.
- Version 2 is hot-weather ready, with a strappy bodice and the option of on-trend cold-shoulder sleeves.
- Version 3 is a skirt adaptation, perfect for dressing up or down all year-round.
The skirt for all three versions features an elegantly flattering high-low hem which dips at the back. All three options close with a front button fastening, and are finished on the inside with facings.
This is a multi-sized pattern in UK sizes 6-20.
- Version 1: best suited to light to medium-weight fabrics with some drape, e.g. rayon, viscose, crepe, linen blends
- Versions 2 and 3: as for version 1, but also lightweight cotton, e.g. cotton lawn, or linen.
- Version 3 would also work well in medium-weight fabrics such as denim or corduroy.
- 0.5m of lightweight interfacing
- Versions 1 and 2: 15 1/2-inch (12 mm) buttons
- Version 3: 11 1/2-inch (12 mm) buttons
Suitable for intermediate sewists