Art Museum Vest and Trousers Pattern by Oliver + S
This children’s pattern is multi-sized from 6 months-4 years and creates a classic waistcoat vest and trousers set to be layered over a shirt or t-shirt.
The fully lined vest includes welt pockets and a belt at the back. Trousers have a faux fly, elastic-back waistband, front pockets, and back welt pockets.
After successfully sewing this pattern, you will have developed the following skills: buttonholes, front hip pocket, lining, and welt pockets.
6 months to 4 years
For fabric requirements and sizing please see the Oliver + S website.
- Vest: Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics like quilting cotton, shirting, poplin, broadcloth, and linen.
- Trousers: Light-, medium-, or medium-heavyweight fabrics like quilting cotton, shirting, seersucker, lightweight corduroy, denim, wool suiting, canvas, and chambray.
- Waistband facing: Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics.
- Vest: Coordinating thread, five 5/8″ buttons, lightweight fusible interfacing.
- Trousers: Coordinating thread, lightweight fusible interfacing, one 5/8–3/4″ button, 1 yard of 3/4″ elastic.
Suitable for advanced intermediate sewists