Indigo Top and Dress Pattern by Tilly and the Buttons
When in doubt, wear this! Cute, comfy and effortlessly stylish, the Indigo smock has no fiddly fastenings so you can throw it on and go. Sew it with classic gathered seams or elevate it to a stand-out piece in your wardrobe with the pretty exposed frill seam.
Indigo has a bodice shaped with bust darts, gently curved empire waistline, and floaty gathered skirt. Make it as a top with dipped hem ending at the low hip, or a knee-length dress with straight hem and pockets (yay!). Choose from three-quarter flounce sleeves or slim-fitting bracelet sleeves. You’ll want to wear one every day of the week.
Indigo includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multi-sized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-10) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-24. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
You will need:
150cm wide fabric:
- Top – Sizes 1-4: 1.6m for bracelet sleeve or 1.7m for flounce sleeve
- Top – Sizes 5-10: 2.1m for bracelet sleeve or 2.3m for flounce sleeve
- Dress – Sizes 1-4: 2m for both sleeve varieties
- Dress – Sizes 5-10: 2.5m for both sleeve varieties
115cm wide fabric:
- Top – Sizes 1-4: 2.3m for both sleeve varieties
- Top – Sizes 5-10: 2.6m for bracelet sleeve or 2.9m for flounce sleeve
- Dress – Sizes 1-4: 2.9m for both sleeve varieties
- Dress – Sizes 5-10: 3m for bracelet sleeve or 3.3m for flounce sleeve
- Matching and contrast thread
- 0.3m interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Sewing machine and basic tools
Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics with drape such as cotton lawn, chambray, viscose (rayon), tercel, double gauze, crepe or georgette.