Romy Top and Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
Upgrade your casual me-made wardrobe with this stylish (and comfy!) top and dress. The optional back ties or contrast binding add a fun twist to the classic Breton or t shirt dress.
Romy has a modern loose fit and high slash envelope neckline, with choice of cap, three quarter or full length sleeves for year-round style. Designed for knit fabrics, whip it up on either a regular sewing machine or overlocker (serger). Once you’ve made one, you’ll be hooked!
Romy includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
You will need:
- Version A: 150cm wide 2m, 115cm wide 3.3m
- Version B: 150cm wide 1m, 115cm wide 1.7m
- Version C: 150cm wide 1.4m, 115cm wide 2.2m
- Matching thread
- Ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- For back tie version: 0.5m (5/8yd) of 6-9mm (1/4in–3/8in) clear elastic and sharps needle or microtex needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
- Optional: Overlocker (serger)
Medium-weight low stretch knit fabrics such as jersey or interlock. You could also use ponte for the long sleeve version. Avoid anything too light-weight, drapey or clingy. If you’re making the back ties version, avoid anything too bulky.
Suitable for intermediate/improvers