Coco Top and Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
Make your own Coco, the perfect Breton top or knit dress with multiple variations. Simple to sew, Coco is easy fitting, with no zips, buttons or other fiddly bits. The perfect introduction to sewing knit fabrics on a regular sewing machine, the user-friendly instructions guide you through with a jargon buster, clearly labelled pattern pieces, and photos of each step.
A year-round staple that’s so easy to wear, Coco makes a great spring marinière top, summer tunic, autumn funnel neck or cosy winter dress. Designed for low-stretch knit fabrics, the classic style features a boat neckline, choice of top or dress lengths, three quarter length or long sleeves, with side splits at the hips on the top version. Make it your own with optional sixties funnel roll neck, rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
You will need:
– Dress with funnel neck + cuffs – 2.3m x 150cm wide OR 3m x 115cm wide
– Plain dress – 2m x 150cm wide OR 2.7m x 115cm wide
– Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m x 150cm wide OR 2.7m x 115cm wide
– Plain top – 1.5m x 150cm wide OR 2.2m x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon (30cm x 6-8mm wide) or stay tape
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
Suitable for confident beginners