Etta Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
Etta is an elegant fitted dress, shaped with darts at the bust, waist and shoulders. Sleek and flattering, it has a choice of lined cap sleeves or darted three-quarter length sleeves, high-back or stunning V-back neckline, with optional collar and faux pockets. Etta closes with an invisible zip at the back. The hemline hits the bottom of the knee, with a kick pleat for easy movement.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Etta includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself. Sew your own knockout dress for special occasions or bossing it at the office.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
Medium weight, non-drapey fabrics, preferably with stretch for comfort. Try stretch woven cotton, sateen, triple crepe, crepe-back satin, ponte di roma or jacquard knits. The cap sleeve version would also work nicely in brocade.
- Cap sleeve – 2m x 150cm wide OR Sizes 1-4: 2.3m x 115cm OR Sizes 5-8: 3.1m x 115cm wide.
- 3/4 sleeve – 2.3m x 150cm wide OR Sizes 1-4: 2.8m x 115cm wide OR Sizes 5-8: 3.4m x 115cm wide (0.5m less for collarless versions)
- Matching thread
- 0.6m interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 56cm invisible zip
- Hook and eye
- Cap sleeve version: 1.2m x 10-13mm single fold bias binding
- Optional: 2 x 1-2cm buttons for faux pockets
- Sewing machine and tools, including an invisible zip foot
Suitable for confident beginners to intermediate sewists