Hollywood Trousers Pattern by Liesl + Co.
These very fitted, moderately high-rise, wide-legged trousers will have you looking and feeling like a classic movie star. This pattern includes a traditional zipper fly with fly shield, back darts for shaping, and optional front pockets with menswear-style pocket stays for a smooth front without gaping or bulging. You can decide whether to sew the optional lining. The inseam on this pattern is moved forward for a better fit to give you truly professional, classically tailored trousers for every occasion.
The pattern is for US sizes 0-20.
- Trousers: Suitable for lightweight wools like wool suiting, tropical wool, and wool crepe. Also suitable for twills, fine-wale corduroy, and drapey canvas.
- Lining (optional): Cotton lawn, rayon lining (known as cupro or Bemberg), or China silk.
- Coordinating thread
- Lightweight or featherweight fusible interfacing
- Coil zipper (9″ or longer)
- One 5/8″ button
- One sew-in hook and bar closure
- 1.1m of stabilizing tape or 6mm twill tape
- 1.1m of seam binding or hem tape.
See the Liesl + Co website for more details on fabric requirements and sizing.
This pattern is suitable for advanced intermediate sewists.