Kalle Shirt and Shirtdress by Closet Case Patterns
With a loose, body skimming silhouette and a number of interchangeable features, the Kalle Shirt & Shirtdress is the ultimate in chic and easy dressing.
View A is cropped with a wide faced hem, View B is a tunic length shirt inspired by classic men’s oxfords, and View C is a stylish shirtdress with a high-low hem. All versions feature a subtly curved yoke, kimono sleeves with arm cuffs, and a dramatically shaped hem.
Personalize your Kalle with a standard or band collar, an optional breast pocket, an inverted or box pleat, and button, popover or hidden placket.
This is a multisized pattern in US sizes 0-20.
Make a fluid, drapey Kalle with soft fabrics like tencel, linen, rayon challis and silk crepe de chine. Crisper fabrics like poplin, chambray, voile, flannel and traditional shirtings will create a more structured silhouette. Our Art Gallery Fabrics and suitable for a crisp Kalle.
1.14m (45″) wide fabric:
- View A: sizes 0-6= 1.8m, sizes 8-20= 2m
- View B: sizes 0-14= 2.5m, sizes 16-20= 2.75m
- View C: sizes 0-14= 2.5m, sizes 16-20= 2.75m
1.5m (58″) wide fabric:
- View A: sizes 0-6= 1.4m, sizes 8-14= 1.6m, sizes 16-20= 1.85m
- View B: sizes 0-6= 1.6m, sizes 8-14= 1.85m, sizes 16-20= 2m
- View C: sizes 0-6= 1.85m, sizes 8-14= 2m, sizes 16-20= 2.25m
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/2″ shirt buttons. 5 for cropped version, 8 for the tunic, 9 for the dress and 4 for the popover placket.
Suitable for intermediates