Nora Top by Tilly and the Buttons is a cosy sewing pattern for confident beginners.
Fill your wardrobe with quick and easy Nora tops. This modern style sweater or t-shirt has a boxy, oversized shape with drop shoulders and wide sleeves. Incredibly versatile, make it in a variety of fabrics – from jersey to sweater knits – to see you through the year in style. Why not pair Nora with her friend Ness?
Choose from slouchy high neck or narrow neckband; short, elbow-length or extra-long sleeves; with longline hem or cropped and stepped deep hem with side splits. Once you make one, you’ll be hooked!
Nora includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
You will need:
- Fabric – Short sleeve round neck version: 1.1m x 150cm OR 1.9m x 115cm
Elbow-length sleeve round neck version: 1.3m x 150cm OR 2m x 115cm
Long sleeve high neck version: 1.5m x 150cm OR 2.5m x 115cm
- Optional: 0.3m ribbing for narrow neckband (or use same fabric as above)
- Matching thread
- 0.3m of 6-9mm satin ribbon, stay tape, clear elastic or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
- Optional: Overlocker (serger) but don’t worry if you don’t have one
Light to medium-weight knit fabric with at least 10% crosswise stretch, such as jersey, interlock, ponte de roma, sweater knits or stretch velvet. Or why not try a thicker fabric such as french terry for layering in those cooler months?