Stevie Tunic by Tilly and the Buttons is a great top and dress pattern for beginner sewists.
With no darts, zips or set-in sleeves, Stevie is a satisfyingly quick and easy make – yay! Stevie has a modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and kimono sleeves, closing at the back with pretty ties or button loop. Make as a top with cropped hemline that hits the high hip, or above-the-knee dress length, with optional turn-up cuffs and patch pocket. Throw it on with a statement necklace and you’re good to go!
Stevie includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
You will need:
- Top – Sizes 1-5: 1.2m x 150cm wide OR 1.7m x 115cm wide
- Top – Sizes 6-8: 1.5m x 150cm OR 1.7m x 115cm wide
- Dress – Sizes 1-5: 1.4m x 150cm wide OR 2.2m x 115cm wide
- Dress – Sizes 6-8: 2m x 150cm OR 2.2m x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- 0.3m interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- For button loop version: 1 x 12-18mm button and elasticated hairband
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including a buttonhole foot
Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as linen, double gauze, chambray, cotton lawn, viscose (rayon). If you’re a confident stitcher, try a sandwashed silk or crêpe de chine.