Cleo Pinafore or Dungaree Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
Cleo is simple to sew, with no fiddly zips and minimal fitting required – hooray! Make it dungaree-style with buckles, or as a pinafore with button fastenings. Choose from mini length or knee length with optional centre-front split, patch pockets on front or back, and optional contrast topstitching.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo dungaree dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
Wear Cleo all year round, layered over a t-shirt, shirt or sweater – the relaxed style makes it oh so comfortable!
This is a multisized pattern (Tilly’s own sizing of 1-8) with UK equivalent being sizes 6-20 and can be made up in either mini skirt or knee length. For further sizing information see the Tilly and the Buttons website and click on “Pattern Sizes”.
- Mini length – 1.2m x 150cm wide OR 1.8m x 115cm wide
- Knee length – 1.3m x 150cm wide OR 1.9m x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- 0.4m iron-on interfacing, similar weight to your fabric
- 2 x 30-35mm wide dungaree buckles (find them here!) OR 2 x 15-20mm buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tool
Suitable for beginners