Beginners Dressmaking – Sew a Stevie
This beginners dressmaking workshop is suitable for people that can use a sewing machine but might not yet have made a garment. If you have not sewn for a long time, or are new to use a machine, why not take part in the Complete Beginners sewing workshop first?
In this workshop, you will be making a Tilly and the Buttons Stevie top or dress from start to finish over 3 evenings (27th June, 4th and 11th July) . Stevie requires little fitting and is perfect for wearing in warmer weather.
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Measure yourself to choose a size
- Grade between sizes if needed
- Use interfacing
- Create facings and cuffs
- Top stitch
- Make a button loop or tie fastening
- Create a patch pocket
- Hem a garment
What to bring:
- Any fabric that you’d like to use instead of ours
We will provide:
- A copy of the Stevie pattern for you to take with you
- A choice of cotton fabric
- The use of one of our lovely Janome sewing machines, though feel free to bring your own if you’d rather
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries
- Irons and ironing boards
- A sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshops
Please note that this pattern is suitable for UK sizes 8-20, so if you fall outside of this range, contact us before booking.
The price is for all 3 workshops! Please make sure you can stand all 3 before you book.
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking.