Beginners Dressmaking – Sew a Cleo
This beginners dressmaking workshop is suitable for people that can use a sewing machine but might not yet have made a garment. If you have not sewn for a long time, or are new to use a machine, why not take part in the Complete Beginners sewing workshop first?
In this workshop, you will be making a Tilly and the Buttons Cleo Dungaree Dress from start to finish over 1 day. Cleo is perfect for layering over t-shirts and can be made in a 2 different lengths.
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Measure yourself to choose a size
- Grade between sizes if needed
- Read a pattern
- Trace a pattern out
- Cut out fabric accurately
- Sew thicker fabrics
- Create facings
- Top stitch
- Attach buckles
- Create a leg slit
- Create a patch pocket
- Hem a garment
What to bring:
- Any fabric that you’d like to use instead of ours
- Your lunch
We will provide:
- A copy of the Cleo pattern for you to take with you
- A choice of fabric
- The use of one of our lovely Janome sewing machines, though feel free to bring your own if you’d rather
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries
- Irons and ironing boards
- A sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshops
Please note that this pattern is suitable for UK sizes 8-20, so if you fall outside of this range, contact us before booking.
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking.