Hexagon Waterfall EPP Workshop
Ever fancied learning to English Paper Piece? Join us for a fun Saturday of hand sewing to learn the basics of English Paper Piecing (EPP) with tutor Amy Ball of Coffee Rings Studio and start making her Hexagon Waterfall pattern.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The basics of EPP and how to start
- A few different basting methods
- A few different sewing methods
Once you’ve mastered the basics, you will start creating your very own Hexagon Waterfall wall hanging. Although we don’t expect you to have a completed item by the end of the session, you’ll be well on your way to creating something beautiful by hand and may even have all the hexagons completed.
What to bring:
- 11 x fat eighths (each a different colour/shade)
- 2 x fat quarters (for the background and backing)
- Binding fabric
We will provide:
- 1 copy of Coffee Rings Studio’s Hexagon Waterfall pattern to take with you (usually £12)
- All the hexagons that you need to complete the pattern
- A piece of cotton wadding for the quilting stage
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries (please let us know if you have any dietary preferences when you book)
- Irons and ironing boards
- Scissors, rotary cutters and cutting mats
- A basic sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshop
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking. If you would like to buy a pack of fat eighths ready for this class, we have some available in the shop.