Trouser Block Pattern Drafting
Learn how to create your own trouser block for the essential pair of trousers with our very experienced tutor Susan Holloway. Demystify pattern cutting with minimal maths and unleash your inner pattern designer!
This workshop takes place over 2 consecutive Saturdays (14th and 21st September) so make sure you can make both before booking. The price is for both weeks!
This workshop is aimed at confident sewists so you will get the most out of it if you have used commercial patterns before and have some experience in making trousers, however unsuccessful!
In this workshop you will:
- Create a trouser block to fit
- Take your own measurements properly
- Make a template for a variety of trouser pattern styles
- Some flat pattern cutting techniques
- How to make a simple calico toile using a sewing machine, saving you time and trouble and ensure a good fit
- Unleash your inner designer
What to bring:
- A calculator (or a smartphone with one on)
We will provide:
- Paper, pencils and instructions for you to take away with you for next time
- Pattern cutting equipment. We’ll also have kits available to purchase for use at home
- The use of one of our lovely Janome sewing machines, though feel free to bring your own if you’d rather
- Drinks and snacks from our lovely neighbouring bakeries
- A basic sewing tool box for you to use during the session
- A 10% discount off everything in the shop during the day of the workshop
Please refer to our FAQ section for workshop terms and conditions before making your booking.